North Star to Southern Cross

8/4/08

Jen goes into the wild

Although we feel a bit guilty and had some conflicted emotions with our guide touching all the animals (not so environmentally friendly), it was amazing to see the animals up close. Here is a series of pictures of Jen experiencing the wild up close and personal.

Baby alligator on the night boat ride


Getting stuck in the mud...did yoga poses to get my boot out--check out my socks (threw them away)...Andrew just laughed at me while another guy from Switzerland helped me out of the mud! Andrew says he loves me and would lay down his life for me, but I have some serious doubts about this! ....She (Andrew writing now) didn't tell you about the multiple alligator and wild rodent attacks I saved her from...if it hadn't been for my courage and quick reflexes who knows what would have happened!!

I just wanted to touch the skin and before I knew it he was handing this anaconda to me...yes, that is REAL fear. I had just watched it bite our guides rubber boot and was not exactly keen on harrassing the wildlife.

This constrictor was found right by a camp we were visiting on one of our hikes; again, our guide chose me to demonstrate its strength by having it constrict my arm...felt like somebody pumping up the bloodpressure cuff a bit too tight! There's the Swiss guy who saved me from the mud while my husband took pictures!

2 comments:

DAD said...

Keen picts. What a grand trip - wish I had been with you - maybe! ART

Granny Esther said...

you are brave, Jen... and Buff!